Saturday, February 07, 2009

Lucky us ~ Another snow day!

Another snow day for the Motley's! We had a great time, the boys did not want to stop having fun and have already asked if we can go back next Saturday!


This time we went with the Favero's. Scott grew up with Bryan Favero and now they live nearby and have a 4, 3, and 1 year old ~ pretty close in age to our kids. Scotty and Kaylin are the kids Sean gets together with once a week for mom led preschool activities. Ryan gets so jealous on Wednesdays and has even pretended to be sick when he knows it's a Scotty and Kaylin day so he could stay home from school for the fun. Luckily for him he's had a few Wednesday's off from school and has gotten to participate.

Soooooo...this day has been highly anticipated!

Sean and Scotty.












A triple!




Brothers!
Scott and Sean. Isn't Sean's little body on Scott's back super cute? A moment in time I definitly want to remember since all too soon he will be all grown up!















I took one of Ryan and Scott doing this same thing but it didn't work because my camera battery was lame! Argh.

Journal moment: The moment we got out of the car the kids were climbing snowbanks. I was still prepping Kyle for snow, so I only heard this exchange that went something like...
Ryan says, "You need help Sean?" (as they were on top of a tall snowbank ledge) "I'll help you Sean! That's what big brothers are for!" And helped he did. I live for stuff like that!












The hill we played on ended in this really pretty snow field...that is a frozen lake!



And we could brush away the snow to see the ice, there was only a few inches of snow laying on the ice. It was pretty neat. It was very firm. There were tons of people playing, running, making snowmen, etc on this ice and no issues.



























Here's a little proof! That's ice!



















Poor Kyle wasn't a very happy camper today. He's still sick, it was a lot colder than last week and sometimes a bit windy, very sunny, he couldn't crawl around and he didn't nap long enough on the way up so he was tired ~ so unfortunately he tolerated us pretty well until it was time to go, then I took off to the van a few mintues early and he was happy to get out of his eskimo and into his favorite blanket.





















They still love the saucers! It's such fun watching them go down the hill (even more fun than going down yourself!)...we love watching them in real life and in these little clips!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Cute "big brother" moment! That IS the stuff we live for as moms, isn't it? Fun that the Favero's have kids similar ages! I was thinking while reading this that your family has just been so anxious about getting to the snow to play...while us on the other hand are anxious to GET OUT of it!

Erica said...

So true and I am glad you guys are enjoying the snow! But it is time for some beach days now! I am so excited I get to see you guys in a couple weeks! So fun. Cute Kyle in his blankie.

Sydney said...

Looks like another eventful weekend in the Motley household! You guys are so cute and yay for Kyle pulling through the cold and wind to end up in his adorable fuzzy blanket.

Scott said...

The snowmen and the boys remind me a LOT of Calvin and Hobbes.

Fun!

nikki said...

I love Kyle the sick cozy boy in his blanket (nay nay). Your boys are such winter crazy's! You sure are enjoying the season!! Ryan is such a nice big brother. What a great moment!

Anonymous said...

Wow These boys know how to have fun !! Cute.
Aunt Gina