Wednesday, August 12, 2009

End of Summer magic, lazies and crazies

We had so much fun packed into the beginning of our summer, but we've been a bit laid back lately. Just a little bit of what we've been up to lately. Playing with toys, painting, coloring, reading, watching...Wipeout. Yes, earlier this summer we taped several episodes of Wipeout, the funny obstable course gameshow...because the commercials were pretty funny and they boys wanted to see what it was all about. So we've had some good laughs together.




These boys have been playing with eachother pretty fantastic. This was a magical morning. In fact, we've had many magical play times together in the last few weeks. They are such good buds!

I will admit though, that since Sunday, they are starting to go a little nuts. Crazy crazy boys of mine.

Ryan has printed and colored over 60 Star Wars pictures. They have become his new wallpaper.













These are my favorite painted and colored ones.



























They have also been hard at work constructing lego spaceships.

Sean has started drawing stick figures. Drawing isn't his favorite activity, but gets lured by his older brother sometimes. Here's one of me. So I ask him what is above my eyes, and he says, the lines on my forehead! What!?! I'm totally aware that my forehead has not great skin = wrinkly lines, especially if I raise my eyebrows...and even creases between my eyes...I'm aging...but my 4 year old notices too!

But here he drew me with hair and a heart. My sweet sweet Sean.


















Kyle is so funny. Here is one of his new faces. He also makes a funny sucking in sound when he's really excited about stuff.










































At my mom's house, we started these picture book journals.


Left: Cover of Ryan's journal. Right: Sean's picture of "fly trap flowers." Mom, Dad...did George Washington have Venus Fly Trap flowers? I don't remember, but Sean does.






Ryan's drawing.


He's also drawn family prayer time at their bunk beds, himself riding a bike in the Tahoe forrest, himself as a police officer and a Washington Monument, he and his dad fighting light sabers at his birthday party, and himself jumping off the rocks at Gma Motley's pool.














We started Soccer practice yesterday (which btw was so fun - Ryan was so in to it and it was so fun to see last year's teammates and their families!). With school and soccer starting, it'll be a busy fall...so we haven't been very exciting lately, but we've really enjoyed some lazy summer family time, at least I have!

10 comments:

Amy said...

What do you consider lazy? Cuz that doesn't seem like lazy at all to me. Picture journals... that's a great idea. When does school start? Will Sean play any sports this year or is he still too young? Great job capturing his new facial expression, what a cutie! Both my kids do the sucking in thing when they're happy and excited. Funny that Sean drew wrinkles...kids.

Amy said...

oops, great job capturing KYLE'S facial expression.

Tennille said...

I think our boys would get along great together. H has been spending a ton of time lately coloring Star Wars and superhero stuff. Plus, he's always been obsessed with creating spaceships with legos. I love the creativity!

Erica said...

Seriously...if Ryan doesn't end up being an artsist than at least he will be doing something with that creative mind of his. He is really good! Sad that summer is over but so great that you were able to do so much! I love the picture journals and the so-called wrinkles! So innocent, but makes you wonder about the things they say. Trust me you are not old and don't have bad wrinkles! Good luck with bad to school!

nikki said...

Loving your summer laziness - we've had a lot of that lately as well as we get ready to say good-bye to summer. Kyle's face is sooo cute! I love how you capture the brother's magical playtime - I love when that happens! Love the picture journals and love how much time your kids, especially Ryan, spend coloring and painting. He definitely has a special talent! How I wish my kids loved to sit and color!!

Sydney said...

How fun! Ahh, the lazy days of summer. Having so much fun is great, but there comes a time when you just have to be lazy. :) What fun "lazy" activities and such cute boys. They are amazing, just like their parents.

Love you!

Scott said...

http://scottvanatter.blogspot.com/2009/07/rayns-light-saber.html

Ryan drew the lightsaber in the above link on the computer. Sean 'drew' most of the back end of a '55 Chevy on the computer.

Oh, and Kyle's face (chin, really) when he makes the 'tiger' sound is really funny. (In a previous post.)

What a family! What boys! Wow.

Jenner said...

i love all those drawings/pictures. i never have noticed any lines!

Karen M. said...

I'm glad you posted those great pictures Ryan created. It will be fun to watch him grow into a serious artist. So, if you have wrinkles on your forehead, I wonder what Sean thinks I have on mine. You have none-me, lots!

Kristen said...

My boys love Wipeout too--they think it's hilarious:) Boys...:) I love Ryan's pictures and he's writing so well. The journals are a cute idea. When are we going to get these boys together!? We're going to be in So. Cal with the two older ones for Halloween--if it were summer we could turn it into a long trip and run up to see you. Dang it!