Monday, August 24, 2009

Sean's day has arrived!

My little Seanny! Oh the anticipation! He has been excited for this day for about 2 years now, since Ryan had his first day! His excitement was like unto Christmas morning and he agreed with that assessment. He got to wear new shoes and shirt, got his very own Father's Blessing, meet his friends, have his lunch packed, play at recess, do worksheets, and make a craft! A four year olds dream, right! I must say that he is so ready and has proved himself in Sunbeams as a model student!* He loves to learn, please his teachers and be a good example by sitting in his chair and participating in the lesson. Ryan was a sweet big brother and found his old preschool bucket in the garage for Sean to use until he got one of his own.
































A is for Ant. Ant's have Antenaes.



Sean is an Ant with Antenaes!









Recess time! Sean was proud to announce he got 2 recesses today!


















Afterwards he reported that it was a "GREAT first day of school!" His class includes 4 kids we know and three kids to get to know. This year is going to be so fun! I love preschool!

The best part of the day for me was how excited Ryan and Sean were to see eachother after both of their schools. They were so happy to play with eachother! The next best part of the day was how quiet it was in my house for a few hours! Kyle was awake and we had fun and I got some organizing done. Kyle wasn't quiet, but his noices are decibles softer than my big boys and oh so cute:) Don't get me wrong, remember the best part of today was the happiness of Ryan and Sean getting to play together and they play pretty loud. It's just that soft is good too:)


* I had to document a story from Sean's Primary teachers. Last week during the lesson they were talking about repenting and what if you did something to someone that wasn't very nice. They went to each child and came up with an example so each child could say they would say sorry. When it came to Sean's turn he said, "I would never say something naughty because I am a Motley." Then just this past week as the class went outside for their lesson he held the door open for everybody. When they complimented him on his niceness he said, "That's because I'm a Motley."

Love that boy!

10 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

How do you hold back the tears! It was just a minute ago that Ryan was at preschool... I am so proud of those big boys. Tell Sean I love the ant headband...

Scott said...

Your comment, "The best part of the day for me was how excited Ryan and Sean were to see eachother after both of their schools. They were so happy to play with eachother!"

Reminds me of Alma 17:2 "...Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren..."

Amy said...

First of all I love Sean's hair long like that. He looks very old! There are so many people I've talked to that are so nervous to send their kids away to school, is it wierd that I'm excited for that? I'm glad Sean is finally having his turn. And...I'm excited for you to have 3 hours 3 days a week of soft noises :)

nikki said...

Ames, it is not weird to be excited about that. They love to go to school and I love how they get to have the experience! Look how happy Seany is!

So excited for this big preschool boy! He looks like he has the most amazing day and I love it when you get to have the same preschool teacher as before. It's so nice to continue on with the "tradition." :)

I am happy for the variety you'll now have to your day - soft voices and joyful homecomings. I have found that I enjoy this part of being a mom a lot. Love you!

Erica said...

Seriously you are officially at that next stage of being a mom! You have kids in school! What a nice break from having all the boys there. I am excited for that too! Sean looks so old in the picture with his friends and you can really tell how happy and old he feels!

Sydney said...

Yay for Seany!! His big day has arrived :D He looks and acts so old! How great that they are so excited to see eachother after they get home. How did Kyle like the calmness while the big boys were away?

I can't believe you have multiple kids in school. Crazy.

Karen M. said...

It is such a credit to Sean that he can antipicate his first day of preschool like it is Christmas and be so excited with doing the simplest of things there like recess. You are right that he has been ready for this day for a very long time. He will be a good friend and a good student. Enjoy the Kyle time-it is precious too!

Jenner said...

cute first days of school pics. love the quotes from sean about being a motley. he knows.

Lisa said...

I'm a Motley quote is awesome! Way to honor his family name!

Gina the Photographer said...

A is for Aunt...There are two kinds of aunts. What are they? Aunt Gina and Aunt Tracy. Who said that? Thomas I think.