Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last days of summer...


Boy fort.
Dad's idea. This is after he came up under me...walked out of the pool with me up on his shoulders and jumped into the deep end! Then he encouraged Ryan to get up top!
Totally off topic...but yesterday while we were school supply shopping...
Sean says to me, "Mom, I wish I were you."
So I say..."but Sean I'm a girl and you are a boy. Why do you want to be me?"
He replies, "Because you are a mom." Then Ryan says, "Sean you don't want to be a mom, you have to touch gross stuff."
I say, "Like what gross stuff?"
Ryan said, "Like cleaning under the refrigerator."
I can actually name a lot of gross stuff I touch or smell, but I won't. What funny kids! The people in front of us in the checkout were totally snickering about our funny conversation.
What a life! A fantastic life!

4 comments:

nikki said...

I love that Sean wants to be you because you're a mom! I think I might have actually told some tales about some gross stuff I've touched. Cute, cute pics!

Amy said...

LOL!! They don't want to be mom's because they would have to touch gross stuff and dad's totally DON'T!! Oh that is too funny. I can name so many gross things a mom touches in a day the least of which is gunk under the fridge!

Side note, cool pyramid!

Sydney said...

Heheh! How funny. I've overheard conversations between parents and kids that I've snickered at, but none as cute as that! Impressive Pyramid as well!

Kristen said...

So cute! Don't you just love how their minds work? Motherhood definitely involves more touching of gross stuff than I ever imagined:) And I no longer consider under the fridge gross:)