We had big plans. The rain forecast vanished and we had a list...
baseball practice
yummy food ~ chicken burrito covered in Sour cream sauce from On the Border!
Yard work ~ take out big round bush that was annoyingly centered in our backyard.
Climb the hill behind our house.
We were so thankful the rain vanished because these events had been planned the previous Saturday and it rained. Oh how glad...just watch!
baseball practice
yummy food ~ chicken burrito covered in Sour cream sauce from On the Border!
Yard work ~ take out big round bush that was annoyingly centered in our backyard.
Climb the hill behind our house.
We were so thankful the rain vanished because these events had been planned the previous Saturday and it rained. Oh how glad...just watch!
Well it had rained the night before...so baseball practice was crazy muddy. The face is a tough face ~ not sad as it might look. No...but my face might have looked like that after undressing three boys before they could get into my van for the second time in one week at this very baseball park. The kids think the mud is hilarious and fantastic.

Now you see the bush...
The boys had to help mash the clippings down...
And now it's gone! They had to hold up their "fish." Don't the roots look kinda like a Lionfish? Good work men!


Then it was time to climb the big hill behind our house.

Here we are on top next to the big log...I'll have to take a shot of the hill from far away...we see this log and Oak tree up there everytime we come home!
So then Scott decided he needed a go too. You can start to see in this picture how high they got on the swing! Seriously...it got crazy high! The tree is huge. The hill gives way. As a result, they were flying high! We had to keep saying, "HOLD ON TIGHT!"

Here we are on top next to the big log...I'll have to take a shot of the hill from far away...we see this log and Oak tree up there everytime we come home!
Look what we found! My oh my! Someone had built a swing in a huge Oak Tree! Strong rock climbing rope attached to a huge strong branch! We couldn't believe our eyes! What a fantastic find! Of course we had to try it out!
Then Kyle could hardly take the waiting any longer...he wanted in on the fun too!
So then Scott decided he needed a go too. You can start to see in this picture how high they got on the swing! Seriously...it got crazy high! The tree is huge. The hill gives way. As a result, they were flying high! We had to keep saying, "HOLD ON TIGHT!"
Having crazy fun! This boy might have loved it the most.
Weee!
Wish we would have discovered this swing a while ago! It's getting close to rattle snake season ~ so we won't be able to go up there for months!
Thanks for coming dad! We loved having you so much! The wrestling and playing was fantastic! Can't wait til next time!

























8 comments:
All I can say is rattlesnake season better not happen til mid April... I'm planning on checking this swing and that hill out too! It looks WAAAYYYYY fun... WAY, WAY FUN... I love the green hills, WOW, and the dead trees... well for now anyway... This reminds me of my back yard growing up... I'm sure there were rattlesnakes all over the place, but we were to dumb to know or care... and my hill was a mountain. Oh how I loved exploring those mountain sides. Can't wait!
Oh and Good work Guys! Now Carrie and I can do some planting when I get there.
By the way... I love the shot with Carrie and all her boys! What a mom! What a daughter! What a sister! You are amazing in every way!
". . . I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." (Alma 26:16b)
Wow! Awesome tree, hill and SWING! Boo for rattle snakes! I'm envious of the green. It is barely starting to feel like spring here. I hope it stays!
Impressive that Kyle did it! And you got such great pictures!
Arizonian's are not afraid of rattlesnakes!! We are for sure trying that swing and that hill the next time we visit.
Glad no rain this time for all your plans!
Nothing better than a tree swing! I love the pure joy in the boys' faces-you captured their fun very well. Too bad you didn't get to have a turn!
Nothing is better than having family visit. Looks like you didn't let the rain... and mud slow you down. What a fun swing!! Brings back memories of the good ole days at Indian Rock Tree Farm... when they let you swing on the tree swing and there weren't a bagillion people there. Fun!
Post a Comment