Monday, July 12, 2010

The Vadding!

THE BIG WEDDING DAY!  It was so fun to see how cute and happy they were! 
Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Kearns!

I love this picture...mostly because I never got one on our wedding day!  Nice to have picture representation of the people to came to the Temple to celebrate with you! 

Our family

The Bridal Party

Ooooo...I LOVE THIS ONE!

I love these doors in black and white...


Everyone looked pretty cute that day!  I was in love with my boys purple ties!  They looked pretty old in their jet black pants too...and dad did their hair all fancy.  They looked dashing.  Unfortunately the two youngest weren't their best that day.  Sean was suffering from a case of food poisoning all day...which I initially assumed was just droopiness from the heat ~ but continued tummy aches all day and then Ryan's vomiting while sleeping later that night convinced me of the Food Poisoning.  I wasn't sure what Kyle's deal was until I saw him gnawing on his hand and realized he was cutting his 2 year molars...and the heat and nap time collided with picture taking time so he wasn't very cooperative ~ or the fact that his shoes were a bit too tight and gave him a blister on his Achilles and has refused to wear them ever since.  Usually my kids go with the flow rather well, so it was a bummer for me and my picture obsession.

So since we never got a good one of us together, here's a little collage of some cuteness...and check out my cute little English lad.  Kyle's shorts turned out super adorable after we couldn't find him black pants anywhere under the sun!



And another cute one of the happy couple!  For more shots of them...check out Syd's blog.

Do we like b&w or color better?  I'm thinking maybe color.

Sisters ~ the Black and White is hiding my red hot face!



Sydney asked the boys and Mike's nephew Alex to sing, "I love to See the Temple" at their ring ceremony that day.  My boys were quite excited about it and practiced lots.  I never thought Kyle would stay up and sing without causing a huge distraction, so I didn't let him stay up front, but he kept singing and wanted to be there so midway through the song, I let him join in!  Couldn't believe how he stood there and sung!


The white truffles with Purple drizzles were the Oreo truffles I made sooo late at night!  (Thanks Kris for the idea and recipe!)  It was fun to have something to add in to the food buffet and I loved that I could make it coordinate with the wedding colors! 
Oh and they tasted pretty yummy too.
The gorgeous cake and the groom's cake!  Mike is quite the handyman and has a fine tool collection. 
He's used his skills in several home renovations! 
The flowers turned out so awesome!  I took a bunch of pictures...but the color really doesn't show well.  The hydrangeas were more purple than blue.  I wish I would have taken a picture from further away too. 
Sean was sick...pretty much the whole day.  But unfortunately he really wasn't well during the reception.  It was such a bummer.  He didn't dance but 2 seconds and that was only because of our pleading and prodding.  The whole time he begged to sit on my lap.




My toast to my sister and new brother-in-law!  Where I said stuff like I'm so happy that this day we've hoped and prayed for has come and I'm so glad she gets to experience the same kind of joy as I have in the last 11 years!  And I can't wait to see their family grow over the years!
And I got to dance with my husband.  I always love to dance with him! 

Ryan was excited that he got the tape measure and heard it was all frosting and was going to eat it ...until the first bite and discovered the frosting was fondant and doesn't taste good!

What a beautiful day!  Congratulations Sydney and Mike!
We love you!

6 comments:

Scott said...

So much love in Sydney's and Mike's faces and hearts! And ours.

Sean was really dragging; poor guy, but what a tropper.

Thanks, Carrie, for the post and the convenient place to review the very special day.

Love,

Dad

P.S. Sydney and Ryan dancing is one of many, many great pics of Sydney and Mike.

Mom/Grandma Becky said...

I laughed so much when the next day Sean announced how great he felt and how sad he was that his tummy wasn't feeling good during the reception so he could have enjoyed the FOOD! He was so serious and so animated. He definately values his taste buds! Did anyone get a video of Kyle circling Mike and Sydney during their first dance?

The day was wonderful and even more so because of family and friends who had come so far to be with us. What an amazing day... start to finish! We are all so happy for Mike and Sydney.

Amy said...

Oh the wedding was so beautiful!! Love the colors, the flowers, the gown, your dress, the boys ties, the dancing... all of it!! Your dad looks AMAZING! Way to go Scott! Congrats to the happy couple.

Sydney said...

It was a perfect day! Thanks to all who helped and came. It was wonderful!!!!

Chuck said...

How fun! Syd is a beautiful bride--I love the length of the sleeves on her dress. And I love your dress! How did you find such a cute maternity one--or did someone make it? Anyway I'm so happy for Sydney and glad that you got to be there to enjoy it with your family.

Karen M. said...

Everything looks beautiful-love the happy, happy faces! You got some great pictures, as always!