Wednesday, November 03, 2010

He's Official!

I love baby blessing day!  I love a precious little baby dressed in white.  I love that our family priesthood holders gather to support Scott in giving our new baby a blessing.  I love the Spirit I feel during the blessing!  I loved how reverent our boys were during the blessing, even Kyle. 
I love how it feels like he's officially welcomed into our family!
I love thinking about upcoming Baptism days!!!

This time, in addition to Scott and our dad's we also had Mark Camblin, Scott's long time friend and our Bishop Jason Merrill in the blessing circle.  He had new blessing booties knitted by Scott's mom and his blessing blanket knitted by Karen's mom.

Ryan is such a good big brother.  He loves that he can hold baby Cade and help to soothe him when he's a bit fussy.  What a big helper!  {Kyle only tried to pick up baby Cade twice after seeing Ryan do the same...YIKES!  we've fixed that problem!}
LOVE THESE BOYS!

Cade with our family who could be here...we missed everyone else!
Cade with Mom's side of the family...  THANK YOU Mom and Dad and Gina for coming all the way here!  It means soooooo much!
and dad's side of the family...

Cade with grandparents!

Cade with mom and dad!
Sweetness...


Mr. Two year old Kyle!
And here's how he came home from church since he got his blessing outfit a tiny bit messy...
The picture is a funny quality because I forgot my camera was still set to sports mode...
but it is so cute, i love it!

What a face!

Thanks again dad for being able to come!  I know it was a stretch with your busy month!
It was wonderful!!!

p.s...warning... I'm going to be changing my blog address.  If I don't have your email address to let you know of our new url, leave me a comment so I can notify you somehow.  Thanks!

16 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh my heart! How precious!! I love those big boys and how grown up they are. That picture of Kyle near the end is awesome. He is so full of personality! Can't wait to meet Mr. Cade! :)

Laura said...

He's such a doll! And it was such a sweet blessing! You guys sure make cute babies!
My address is lauradab88@hotmail.com if you need it!

Erica said...

He does have the sweetest face ever! He has gotten SO much bigger since I saw him. Cute little pink cheeks. Sad we missed the blessing day but I am glad you were able to have so much other family there. That picture of Ryan holding Cade is so dang cute and so is the pic of just Kyle. Love those kids. And I like the new family Halloween picture!

Ryan Smart said...

Congrats baby Cade-one day I will meet you. Seeing tha family of 4 boys reminds me of being a kid with three brothers. I was the second so if I'm partial to Sean just get over it. I also loved seeing Marilyn, well the half of her I saw in those pics. j/k. I also want to know who kidnapped Kyle and replaced a small adult in his place. When did he get so big? Has it been that long since I've seen you all. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

whitney said...

whitneyshafer@gmail.com

carrie, i love reading your blog! your boys remind me so much of mine. :)

Ryan Smart said...

Phew-my computer at home has all of Marilyn, yet my computer at work only has half of her. I was thinking that the camera person must have only had one eye or was slightly intoxicated, and since it was outside of church I was really worried. Glad to see the WHOLE family. Good lookin bunch too.

Kari said...

He is adorable! You have such handsome boys! Glad it was a great day for your family. Blessing days are always special ones!
My address is stacycrew@hotmail.com.

Karen M. said...

Sweet pictues and sweet little guy! I only have half a picture of Marilyn and no picture of Bob next to Marilyn. Oops! I love that Ryan is so good with Cade and Kyle just makes me laugh!

nikki said...

What a special day - so glad to see the pictures here! Your boys are so sweet and I love baby Cade's angel face! I can't wait to meet him!

Loren said...

It was a beautiful blessing your hubby gave to Cade! You have such a sweet family!

my email is clsly96@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

You seriously have the cutest little baby boys (with the exception of mine, of course!) So fun that grandparents could be there!

Mark and Debbie Holt said...

Love the pictures of Cade! So cute! And LOVE your hair Carrie! Gorgeous! I especially love the picture of Cade with his parents! Precious!

My email address is debbieholt5@gmail.com. Definitely let me know what you url is so I can check your blog and keep up on your cute family!

Grandma Becky said...

I love Kyle's robot hand. I loved Kyles Chim, Chim-i-ney song... I love two year olds... they are so funny with such personality and such drama at times... It's like they announce to the world... Here I am! See grandpa Scott's blog for the video... I love Ryan being the loving big brother of Cade and I love Sean being the loving big brother of Kyle... Scott, truly it was a beautiful blessing. Cade is an angel in every way... so patient, so peaceful, so easy with all the excitement everywhere around him. Each one of these precious boys is such a joy and a blessing. Can't wait for Christmas!

Kristen said...

He is a doll! You've got 4 seriously handsome boys there. I've been meaning to call you for weeks--maybe I'll remember this week:) Sam and Andy are coming for Thanksgiving--I think you guys should come too. How about it?

Rachel said...

You have the cutest boys. I love that pick of Kyle by himself.

Jules said...

You're looking hot, Care!!