Sunday, April 08, 2012

Rainy Randomness: Cozy reading in the rain, lego cars, GRAPEFRUIT SMOOTHIE, coloring!

Lots of rain around here finally!    
Here's a summary of what we've been up to indoors for the last few months.
The rain hasn't stopped my craving for Smoothies!  I saw a tutorial on a Grapefruit and Vanilla Muscle Milk Smoothie that called my name...but after going to purchase a can of Muscle Milk Powder and it was super expensive, I made up my own Grapefruit smoothie!
Depending on how many I'm making my smoothie for, I will alter ingredients...
but typically 
1/2 to whole grapefruit (I cut it in slices and cut the rind off...cutting to avoid seeds)
1 banana
1 vanilla yogurt
ice
tablespoon or two of ground flax seed
If for breakfast...I also add a handful of dry oatmeal.
YUM!
Also...oranges with mixed frozen berries works well.  Our dinner smoothies still always have spinach in them.

Ryan made this lego car...all on his own. It's a Ferrari.  

My grandma sent me a quilt she had that I loved!  We've been snuggling lots with it and it makes me so happy!  She found the squares all pieced together at a garage sale from a Nursing home...she snapped up the quilted pieces and finished it into this beautiful quilt!  The colors are so happy and the pin wheel  pattern is so cute.  After making the little rectangle quilt for Cade I have serious appreciation for quilters!  Here Kyle and I are snuggled up reading lots of Library books on a chilly rainy day.  Pretty awesome!

Coloring and water color painting.
Kyle has fallen in love with coloring.  He'll spend a long time at the table coloing...and he usually uses lots of colors...and he's a switcher.  He will use whatever hand is closest to the place he wants to color.  So he calls himself a switcher.  I used Picnik.com to make the coloring pages of my kids...fun, but picnik is closing!  Boo.






Ryan painted this.


Ryan drew these pictures of Tyreke Evans.


Sean painted this one.



4 comments:

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

LOVE THOSE RAINY DAYS!!!! Such amazing artists. I love reading to kids... I'm so glad Carrie loves to read to her kids. And Ryan the amazing lego builder... Cool car!

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

By the way!!! LOVE you new family photo!

Mom/Becky/Grandma said...

By the way, that interception picture of the two boys looks just like a real photo of Ryan and Sean in the back yard of Grandma Dot's house... Great coloring and painting guys!

Scott said...

The color, the excellence, the technical and design competency, the yumminess(?)!